Councils can now access the latest Council Market Analysis (2020). The analysis is based off your 2019 year-end membership with LDS units removed.
This tool will help you:
- Identify areas you are underserving in your district/council
- Target your areas of growth opportunity
- Understand the population that you are targeting – what are their demographic characteristics, how you can best reach them
There are three components to Council Market Analysis:
- A PDF document with a demographic breakdown (income, ethnicity, Mosaics, etc.) on the youth enrolled in your program and the youth population in the council (TAY). This document also contains a list of opportunity zip codes for growth planning.
- An excel file including the membership and TAY for each zip code in the council.
- An excel file with the top Mosaics in each zip code in the council.
To access Council Market Analysis on MyBSA:
- Login to MyBSA.
- Go to the Resources page.
- In the BSA Resources box, select “Council Market Analysis Reports.”
- Councils are categorized by region, area, and headquarters city.
To access Council Market Analysis from SharePoint:
- Go to: https://boyscouts.sharepoint.com/sites/000MembershipInsightsandPlanning/Shared%20Documents/
- Login to the Memberships and Insight SharePoint Site.
- Go to your council folder. The associated Council Market Analysis will be found in a folder labeled “Council Market Analysis.”
There is also training available on how to use the Council Market Analysis.
Employees can access this course by logging onto MyBSA:
- Go to resources.
- Find the “Scouting University-Employee Learn Center” link in the BSA Resources box.
- Scroll down the Home page and, on the bottom, you will see a link called “Learning Library.” Click on this link.
- Click on the Learning Library heading which will appear in the box on the next screen.
- Select “Council Market Analysis v2.”
Volunteers can access this course by logging onto My.Scouting
- Go to the Member Learn Center.
- Click on “Course Catalog” at the top of the Home page.
- Scroll down the page to Council Market Analysis and click on it. You will find it under “Expanded Learning.”
- Click “Add Plan” once the Council Market Analysis Learning Plan is displayed.
- Open the Learning Plan.
- Select the “Launch Course” button for Council Market Analysis v2
If you have any questions about Council Market Analysis, email [email protected].
Powered by WPeMatico