The BSA has a proven track record of shaping youth into people of outstanding character – people who understand the meaning of accountability and the importance of servant leadership. On #GivingTuesday, November 28, 2017, we’re continuing that record by helping Scouts become the leaders of the future. Read on to discover how you can help invest in tomorrow’s leaders this #GivingTuesday.
What Is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Observed on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. You can learn more about the annual event by visiting the official #GivingTuesday page.
How Your Support Helps Scouting
Investing in the Boy Scouts of America creates opportunities for youth to gain memorable experiences and be instilled with values, principles, and skills that will help them develop into the future leaders of our nation. By contributing to Scouting, you will have a profound impact on America. More youth will experience the program that will further instill values and character in their moral fiber. Support provided to local councils is used for scholarships, program supplies for youth activities, volunteer training, and camp and service center maintenance. Additionally, the National Service Center provides local councils with program materials, resources and support of the Scouting program. Funding provided to the National Council is used for the development of program materials and resources, infrastructure support for local councils, and development of both professional and volunteer training materials.
Your #GivingTuesday Toolkit
First, share this post to ensure everyone on your Scouting team is up to speed with what’s available. Then, head over to the Brand Center and download all of this year’s goodies.
Social Media Outreach
Be sure to use the official BSA campaign hashtag #WeAreTheBSA, along with #GivingTuesday, in all of your campaign communications and social media posts. To see how your council can utilize these hashtags to promote the big day, check out some suggested tweets and Facebook posts below. Councils are encouraged to send out tweets and posts in the days leading up to and especially on #GivingTuesday.
- Save the date! Nov. 28 will be #GivingTuesday! Support [Local Council Name] and make an impact on youth in your community! #WeAreTheBSA
- Today is #GivingTuesday! Help support all the good that local Scouting does to build young people of character. #WeAreTheBSA [local council giving page link]
- Join us on this #GivingTuesday to support Scouts in communities around the country! #WeAreTheBSA [local council giving page link]
- Thank you for your support of Scouting on this #GivingTuesday! #WeAreTheBSA [local council giving page link]
Sample Facebook Posts
- This Nov. 28 will be #GivingTuesday! Support [Local Council Name] and make an impact on youth in your community! Learn more about how Scouting works here: http://scoutingwire.org/how-scouting-promotes-positive-character-development/
- When you support Scouting and the [Local Council Name] on this #GivingTuesday, you’re helping to build leaders of character. [local council giving page link]
- For #GivingTuesday, people have joined together to support [Local Council Name]. Thank you for your support to make Scouting possible in our community! [local council giving page link]
- By supporting [Local Council Name] on this #GivingTuesday, you help young people grow to become citizens who are trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. Thank you! [local council giving page link]
Visual Assets and Banners
Your #GivingTuesday toolkit wouldn’t be complete without the visuals! Use the banner images located in the BSA Brand Center in your social media and communication efforts. Pair them up with some of the suggested social media messages above or craft your own combinations to encourage supporting the BSA on this important day of giving. Councils can even tailor the images locally. Check out the images below for an idea of what you’ll find in the BSA Brand Center.
If you need further assistance with ideas on how to promote the nation’s largest day of giving, please contact Michaela Monson, e-Funding Digital Marketing Strategy Specialist at [email protected] or 972-580-7860. And tell with us in the comments below, how do you plan to share the story of Scouting on #GivingTuesday?
The post The Toolkit You Need to Celebrate #GivingTuesday in Your Council appeared first on Scouting Wire.
Powered by WPeMatico