The passage from Cub Scout pack to Boy Scout troop should be smooth, with
- no time lost in between.
- Boys 101/2 who have earned the Arrow of Light may join Boy Scouts.
- The preferred month to graduate your Webelos to Boy Scouting isFEBRUARY.
- This gives the boys time to meet with the troop March through June to prepare for Summer Camp.
- The boys may return to the Pack for graduation ceremony at a later date.
- Such as the Spring District Crossover Event
- It’s a win-win for the boys, Pack, Troops and Parents!
- The key factor to improved Webelos transition into Boy Scouting is the ongoing working relationship of the leaders of
- a Cub Scout pack and
- a Boy Scout troop.
- By planning and coordinating their efforts, the pack and troop can …
- Help make the Webelos-to-Scout transition seamless.
- Give all Webelos Scouts a chance to experience the fun and excitement of Boy Scouting.
- Troops gain members and
- Packs gain access to better ceremonies, camping, and Den Chiefs.
Rhonda Tenpenny is the District’s Webelos Transition Chair.
- Contact her for help in planning your Webelos I and II years to assure that boys join troops no later than MARCH of their 5th grade year.
Click to obtain a copy of Trail of Tears District’s “Webelos-To-Scouts Transition Plan”
Click to go to the Troop Locator page.
- You can find unit contact information, meeting place, & troop profiles & web pages.
BOTTOM LINE: It remains the Pack and Webelos leaders’ responsibility to plan and carryout the Crossover Ceremony, the Trail of Tears District is ready to help you make this an easy-to-do process.
- See the District Transition Plan for details.