|District Commissioner’s Arrowhead||Roundtable Commissioner’s Arrowhead|
|Assistant District Commissioner’s Arrowhead||Unit Commissioner’s Arrowhead|
|District Commissioner’s Key||Roundtable Commissioner’s Key|
|Assistant District Commissioner’s Key||Unit Commissioner’s Key|
Roundtable Staff Training Award
This award can only be earned by: Cub Scout, Boy Scout, or Venturing roundtable staff
- Review with the roundtable commissioner orientation material in the current Cub Scout Roundtable Planning Guide, No. 34239A; or Boy Scout Roundtable Planning Guide, No. 34253; or Venturing roundtable Guide.
- Review all material in the current Cub Scout Program Helps, Troop Program Features, or Venturing program helps.
- Basic Training Complete basic training for Cub Scout or Boy Scout roundtable commissioners.
- Tenure Complete two years as a registered roundtable/huddle staff member. Tenure for one award cannot be used for other training awards.
Performance Do the following:
- Participate in six roundtable/huddle staff meetings.
- Actively assist in six roundtables/huddles.
- Conduct a successful roundtable/huddle attendance promotion project.
- Develop and exhibit a display related to the theme at one roundtable or huddle.
- Conduct an opening activity and an opening ceremony.
- Conduct or be responsible for a major project, presentation, or demonstration at one roundtable or huddle.
Distinguished Commissioner Service Award
Purpose: To upgrade commissioner service and to recognize Commissioners and Exploring service team members who are providing quality service.
- Complete training as outlined by the local council, including earning the Scouter’s Key for Commissioners.
- Serve as an active commissioner or an active Exploring service team member for 5 consecutive years and be currently registered with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Recharter at least 90 percent of the units in your area of service for a minimum of the past 2 consecutive years. this applies to council commissioners, assistant council commissioners, district commissioners, assistant district commissioners, unit commissioners, council Exploring service team chairpersons, division/district/cluster Exploring service team chairpersons, and Exploring service team members.
- Assist units so that more than 50 percent achieve National Quality Unit Award in your area of service for a minimum of the past 2 consecutive years.
- Roundtable/huddle commissioner recognition is based on completing requirements No. 1 and No. 2 listed above, plus the following. In place of items No. 3 and No. 4, roundtable/huddle commissioners are to conduct at least nine roundtables/huddles per year for the past 2 consecutive years.
Local councils certify the eligibility of individuals, and present the recognition. (There is no national application.)