Did you know you can cook an egg in a potato? Try this resourceful and unique recipe brought to you by America’s cutest test kitchen: Cub Scouts!
- An egg
- A potato (with skin)
- A knife
- A spoon
- Toothpicks or twigs
- A campfire
Be cautious around campfires and make sure kids stay safe.
Steps to Cook an Egg in a Potato:
- Slice off side of potato and set aside.
- Carve out inside of potato.
- Break egg into hollowed potato.
- Use toothpicks or twigs to secure top of potato.
- Bury potato in coals and cook for 30 minutes. Then, carefully retrieve it.
- Experiment with cook times for desired doneness, top with your favorite hot sauce or seasoning, and enjoy!
About the Boy Scouts of America
The Boy Scouts of America provides the nation’s foremost youth program of character development and values-based leadership training, which helps young people be “Prepared. For Life.®” The Scouting organization is composed of nearly 2.3 million youth members between the ages of 7 and 21 and approximately 960,000 volunteers in local councils throughout the United States and its territories. For more information on the Boy Scouts of America, please visit www.scouting.org.
The post Cook an Egg with No Cookware: Fry an Egg in a Potato Over Your Campfire appeared first on Cub.
Powered by WPeMatico